Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Clean 9 Detox Journal Part 2; Day 3

In my post, Clean 9 Detox Journal Part 1, I had promised to write back in 10 days, but there is so much happening and am afraid I will not capture it all in one post. I will therefore break down part 2 into the 9 days, just to make sure you get the the most info, relate to your experience and hopefully get inspiration from my experience. If you just landed here, start HERE 


Day 3
Its Monday! I have never loved Monday mornings, how was this one going to be? I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm went off. I took this time to review my day's activities. I was happy I did not have much happening out of office. The meal schedule was changing from what I had on day 1 and 2. I was going to have a shake for breakfast in addition, and a 600 calorie meal for dinner. I took my Forever breakfast and was ready for my exercise.

I planned that for the weekdays I would tune to KBC TV at 5:30am for Gear Up, a 30 minute fitness show. The exercises are simple and moderate and good for starters. It was awesome and I felt so energetic. I packed my lunch and I in a few minutes I set out to go to work.

The traffic that morning was out of this world. For the first time since I started my detox I felt hunger bite. I was lucky I had some water but well - could only do so much. Is it that when you are hungry good food that you can't have comes your way? I have used Thika Super Highway twice a day for the last 10 months, but for the first time I noticed that Brookside (for their mala) has a billboard at Muthaiga. The image of ugali, beef stew and greens totally got me day dreaming. 

When I got to the office, my first stop was the kitchen to get some water to mix in my Forever Fiber snack. And lo and behold, this is the day our team leader decided to buy cookies for team. They were served in a bowl for everyone to indulge. That is the point you realize that "the devil is real" and your only option is to apply the famous Bible phrase on Matthew 16:23. I graciously took my snack and in a few minutes my hunger pangs had subsided. The day went on quite well. 

The rest of the day went on quite well. After work I was attending a team sizzle. I was looking forward to geting home, I was going to have a good meal. I kept thinking about that billboard, I missed ugali - not that I really love it anyway. I got home and Keshi had prepared some nice dinner, liver, rice and veges, but it was a bit late I could not afford to have such a meal near bed time, else I would have had to stay up longer. I therefore decided to treat myself to a veggie salad. It doesn't have a name, but you can call it Salade ala Christine

Ingredients:
1/2 raw carrot
1/2 cucumber
3 leaves lettuce
1/3 raw beetroot 
2 florets Broccoli 
1/2 lemon - juice








On day 3 you take measurements. I did this and YES! its working. Impressive changes! First of all my skin has cleared and is glowing. It feels nice when you meet a friend and they ask; "what are you using on your face?" On the size I got 1" down on my tummy, 0.5" down on my thighs and 1" down on my hips (felt a bit sad on this one, I dint hope to lose an inch of my bum!). However, it got me more motivated to enjoy this.

Cheers!

See day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment